Monday, April 20, 2009

Taking in the Ballpark

Went out to the ballpark tonight. I sought out Ben's Chili Bowl half-smokes and fries. Grabbed a Yeungling beer. And sat down to enjoy the big screen television showing the White Sox or some such team. What could I possibly add to the Ben's Chili Bowl legend - the much written about and even more often savored U St. "House" of half-smokes. The CinC loves Ben's; Cosby loves Ben's; and D.C. loves Ben's. Everything I write here is redundant. So let me just say I had an outstanding dinner at the Nationals stadium tonight. The margaritas weren't bad either! Did I love the food enough to wait a full two hours for the rain delay to end and the game to commence? No. But I'll be headed back soon enough to get the best eats in Near Southeast and watch my Cubbies.

Rating: 7/10
In Short: The best dogs and beer in the southeast quadrant are found at the Nationals ballpark. Just don't forget the your credit card, because the stadium is definitely not cheap eats.
Website: http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ballpark/index.jsp
Location: 1500 South Capitol Street SE, 20003

No comments: